Sunday 29 October 2017

Pearlescent shells.


Hi everyone, I've spent the afternoon playing with perfect pearl sprays and infusions.
I love this shell embossing folder and have never used it in this orientation on a card before, I think it works though!

I started out by embossing some 300gsm white card. This is a heavy duty folder so the cardstock needs to be strong enough to withstand not only the embossing, but getting repeatedly skooshed with liquids lol!

I added blue patina, biscotti and blush perfect pearls into some mini misters, added water and sprayed. It was a pearly effect, but too pale, so I sprinkled on some jade infusions and skooshed with pearl perfect pearls, and water. I heat dried then played some more til I was happy with the effect.

I ran the card back through the embossing folder a few times too as the wetting and drying affected the definition of the shells.

Here's another pic of the shimmer.


The challenge at Paper Artsy is to create something pearlescent.

PaperArtsy

There are lots of inspiring pieces by the design team and I loved the cards by Hazel Agnew, and was inspired by her use of mica sprays.

I'm also linking up to the anything goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday,

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo
and the anything goes option at Seize the Birthday.


Supplies:
Biscotti, blue patina, blush and pearl perfect pearls; a little bit jaded Paper Artsy infusions; Spellbinders shell beauty embossing folder; Lawn Fawn happy birthday border die, versamark ink and liquid platinum embossing powder.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

15 comments:

Aileen said...

Cathy this is absolutely stunning, What an amazing creation. It would be amazing to see in real life, just looking on the screen at the colours you have achieved with the pearl, brilliant.

Glennis F said...

This is so pretty, I love the effect you have acheived

R's Rue said...

Love.

PaperArtsy said...

Wow I think it looks so dimensional! The sprays look superb and the infusions give that shadow in the dippy bits! I agree, the orientation is excellent that way! Thanks for sharing! ~ Leandra

Corrie Herriman said...

Very lovely !

Mac Mable said...

Love the perfect pearl sprays (that you made) and the infusions (with the perfect pearls)...stunning effect and what a Wow embossing folder x Great skooshing and you've achieved an amazing result...love it x

Liz said...

A beautiful card, Cathy, what a great embossing folder. xx

BożenA said...

WOW! Amazing card !! I love deep embossing and beautiful pearl shine. It looks stunning, Cathy.
Hugs,
BozenA

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, this is a stunner Cathy! So amazing.

Loll said...

WOW ... this is GORGEOUS, Cathy! I LOVE your shell embossed design. The colours are so pretty and love that pearl shine. This looks like an Abalone shell! Great work! xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and effects, Cathy. It looks like real shell!

Anita in France said...

Wow, what a shimmery stunner, Cathy ... the pearly shine enhances the texture so beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

Brenda in IN said...

What a WOW card this is. I love the shine and the embossing folder really makes it fantastic.

Patti said...

Amazing! I have never seen this technique! I love it.

Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

Patti

roffeycreations said...

Beautiful effect... Gorgeous card!! Mxxx