Sunday 29 March 2015

Green butterflies on vellum tag


Hi everyone, the weekend is coming to a close here. I've had a good day though, did a bit of everything, baking, housework and crafting!

A couple of colleagues at work are leaving, so this is one of the cards I've made.

I stamped and fussy cut the butterflies and coloured them with inktense pencils.

The challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More is to make your mark.

GRAB OUR BADGE!

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is anything goes.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Darnell at DJKardkreations is hosting her 4th NBUS challenge, so unearth your never before used schtuff, (that you just had to have) and play along! My NBUS is the sentiment stamp from Mama Elephant. I got a few sets for my birthday but have not used them yet!


The green silk embroidery thread on this tag was a scrap that a friend from work gave me, It's a snippet so I'm visiting the snippets playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Supplies:

Hero Arts butterfly stamp: Mama Elephant Every day Greetings stamp; versafine & clear ep; MFT tag die; vellum; inktense pencils; bling; Darice embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

13 comments:

Di said...

Wow Cathy, what a beauty! Your colouring is just perfect and I adore the greens you used too.

Hugs

Di xx

Irene said...

Hello Cathy, your card is just amazing especially the beautiful green butterfllies .

luv
irene
xxxx

Anita in France said...

Your butterflies always have that WOW factor, Cathy ... these are beautiful ... they seem to be glowing against that delicate vellum! Anita :)

Liz said...

Fabulous card, with beautifully coloured butterflies. The embossed background is just perfect. xx

Susanne Vargas said...

What a great idea to use vellum for the tag! It looks beautiful and delicate!

Shona Chambers said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the green butterflies, they are so delicate and beautifully coloured. And they look amazing against that stunning embossed background. If your interested, this would work perfectly at TIME OUT Challenges too, where our theme is Clean and Simple with optional twist of black/white with splash of one colour. Hope you can join us there too and I'm so glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous butterflies and I love that you chose a vellum tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh. My. GOOOOOOODNESSSS! I am so absolutely enthralled by the beauty of this card! Love the embossed background and those bright green butterflies! Awesomesauce!

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my Goodness! This is such a beautifully done card. Those butterflies are so beautifully colored...

roffeycreations said...

Gorgeous!!! Mxxx

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Those butterflies are amazing!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Darnell said...

This is such a lovely spring card, Cathy! You did an awesome job embossing that vellum without any splatter or warping and I love that the butterfly's design is so pretty with that e/f!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Cathy, have linked over to your blog with my butterfly card .. cos although not cased from any of yours it reminds me of your blog :D Shaz.x