Wednesday 19 November 2014

Wish upon a star


Hi, I've been struggling with very slow internet at home, so apologies for my lack of visits!

I had a few bits and pieces left over from other projects and thought I'd put them together to fit the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday we're seeing stars.

I'm also linking up to the challenge at Virginia's View Challenge where the theme is metallic.

November's Theme: All Things Metallic

I used snippets of silver shimmer paper for the scrolls so I'm also visiting the snippets playground at Pixie's crafty Workshop.

Supplies:
Memory Box elegant scroll die (cut up); Papertrey Ink sentiment stamp; Judikins star stamp; stars embossing folder; silver shimmer paper; silver ink and embossing powder; distress inks and bling.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

13 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

You know how much I love stars and swirls so this card makes me swoon!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Cathy. Love the main star, so pretty with the silver etching and the star embossing so nice.

Virginia L. said...

Hi Cathy, this is so beautiful! I love love the silver and blue combo. GREAT job on the inking of the BG! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

debby4000 said...

Oh your star card is beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Irene said...

Hello Cathy

A beautiful card. The deep blue background is perfect for your stunning star, love the silver shimmer.


luv
irene
xxxx

luv
irene
xxxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) I love the whole design of this ! I love the blue and white together and the embossed star is stunning ,,, so pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Brenda in IN said...

I'm loving this card! Blue is my favorite color and these shades are beautiful. I love the star embossing folder you used along with the fun swirl. Every once in a while my internet is slow or just won't open a site. That drives me crazy (or crazier).

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful star, Cathy! I love it on the silver scrolls and the embossed stars in the background! My Internet has been really slow too. I think it's my wireless router and I'll need to get a new one. These computers always need something!

roffeycreations said...

Slow here too - oh and the internet LOL
Great card - love your main star - Mxxx

Di said...

Really beautiful card Cathy! Such a lovely design.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

That scrolly star is so pretty Cathy! Love the combination of shades of blue with the silver ... classic! Loll xx

Sarn said...

A gorgeous starry card. Love everything about it. xxx

Anita in France said...

Your filigree star taking centre stage is just beautiful, Cathy ... perfect against all the texture! Anita :)