Sunday 7 July 2013

Celebration Banners


Hi, I was inspired to make this card by the patriotic challenge at Simon Says Stamp. It also fits the challenge at Color Throwdown.


I stamped my  banners onto the strips of card I trimmed from my recent fireworks card, so I'm also entering the snippets playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

Materials used: Maya Road banner stamps; Distressed stripes embossing folder; Memento Lady Bug and Bahama Blue ink, Versafine Majestic Blue ink; Hologram Sparkle embossing powder; twine, brads and sentiment sticker from stash.

Thanks for visiting :)

11 comments:

roffeycreations said...

This is nice - I jazzed up my blog background with one of the templates - makes a nice border... Mxx

Bonnie said...

What fun! Love the flags!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh I love this, how FUN!!! If it's not needed for a patriotic use, it's a wonderful card for the summer. Great use of those tiny patterns!

Sue - said...

Lovely bright fun card!

Michelle said...

Great banner! And it looks awesome with the embossing.

Mary H. said...

Love the brightness of the white embossed background, and the vivid colors on your banners. Very holiday appropriate for the USA one, and the Canada Day as well, I think. Great job. TFS

scrappymo! said...

Fun banner card. It always amazes me that we all can make such wonderful creations from a few pieces of paper!

Lindsey said...

Love everything about this card!

Di said...

Brilliant card Cathy - so fresh and eye catching. And very clever to 'hang' the banner too.

Are you up for making us some bunting for the Playground Summer Party then? On second thoughts, forget I even mentioned that dumb idea - I dread to think of the mayhem!

Your dies will be posted tomorrow - I spent today playing catch up here after my outing with Mrs A yesterday :)

Hugs, Di xx

debby4000 said...

Brilliant, fabulous, bunting card

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Karen Petitt said...

I saw this over at the Pixie's playground Cathy - it's gorgeous - i love it! Karen x